3.29.2009

One Love for Chi...

12:56 AM

chi cheng
DonationsTracker.com - Live Donations Tracking for

DonationsTracker.com - Make a Donation to
Click to Donate!!!


As many of you may or may not know (depending on how creepy you are) my first LOVE in music was (and still remains) the Deftones a kickass band from Sacramento I'm too lazy to get into the entire back story and if I were to type out their monumental history I'd have claws where my hands used to be by the time I was finished. Their music was always a big influence in my life I remember proclaiming my undying love for them when I was 13. Not that creepy let me throw my panites at you and scream "will you have my babies?!?!", but a love that's more of an admiration for the things they do and they way they do them. Anywho a few years back I was lucky enough to get backstage passes to a show in Myrtle Beach SC at the House of Blues anyways we waited for a few hours and ended up meeting all the guys (we ended up on the buss smoking and watching Steven Segal movies, but that's a different post all together isn't it?) they were all very nice and mellow just regular jack offs if you will. :)


We met Chi (the bassist) outside of the buss and what is strange is that he immediately embraced my husband and I in a hug (let me take this time to say I DO NOT hug people I don't know, famous or not...you're just like me I've never been the type to freak out from meeting people.) There was something about him that you could see right away he has a spark of the divine in him. This man is meant for great and beautiful things. We talked a bit I gave him my Tibetian prayer beads. To this day that 10 minute meeting still has an effect on my husband and I.


Which brings me to the point of my post sadly Chi was in a car accident November 4th 2008 although he is getting better he remains somewhere in between a coma and the waking world. Apparently even when you're a kickass rockstar the insurance companies will still rape you like you're in the back woods wearing a pig mask while someone yells "Squeel like a pig boy!". Chi's amazing family has started a blog to update his progress and to except donations for his medical bills. Stop over and check out http://oneloveforchi.blogspot.com/. Please keep him in your thoughts.


We're all encouraged to send positive energy,prayers or general good mojo his way especially at 10am PST. Maybe if we all do it all do it at the same time whatever deity that really exists out there will hear our urges and bring the Chengs their son/brother back.


Side note: Chi put out a cd of spoken word poetry SEVERAL years ago called "The Bamboo Parachute" it's a beautiful strange look inside of his mind. I don't understand half of it, but I don't think you're supposed to. I've always taken my own feelings away from it. My favorite line is
Lesbian spiders on the moon read shakespeare.

0 comments: